Abstract submission is now closed.
ISPS 2017 is accredited for 24 educational points by the World Psychiatric Association.
Gill O'Halloran is our ‘poet in residence’
Extract from ' Sea Life'
I feel my pincers crack and snap.
Feel their biramous, newly amorous grip
pull my drifting loved ones
in and under my smashed shell
like plankton. Come,
feed off my liver-belly lullabies.
- Gill has been writing short stories and poems for many years.
- She gained a distinction in the 'Craft of Writing' course run by Birkbeck University.
- Her first poetry collection ‘This Seven Year Old Walks Into a Bar' pub.
- Indigo Dreams Press was included in the top 20 individual collections of 2009 by The Small Press Poetry Awards.
- In 2014 she was shortlisted for the Off the Stanza poetry prize.
- She has lived experience of mental illness as a carer, and has run poetry workshops for carers, health service users, and the bereaved.